Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Braided Rug

I saw, I pinned and then I made.  whew ! 

I stumbled on this beautiful rug on pinterest and the gal had a wonderful tutorial here so I will let you go there to see how it all comes together.   I really liked it and have been wanting one for our new wood floors. So we gave this a try over the "cabin fever" months this winter.  The braiding in kind of fun to do and it is fun to watch the braid get longer, however the sewing was a bit of pain.   I tried to short cut by using the sewing machine but it was a major fail . After a few rows it puckered up too much, so then I had to rip out the stitches and then resew it by hand...It was not as big as I was hoping for the floor but it looks adorable on the table..  Maybe next winter we will attempt a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment